MS Access is part of Microsoft Office suite. It has all the common components of an enterprise-level database management system. It is a very popular database software for both novice and advanced users. On this page, you will find Access tutorials, tips and articles.
1. Solved - the size of the Access query result is larger than the maximum size of a database (2 GB)
This tutorial shows you how to manage the Access query when the size of the query result is larger than the maximum size of a database (2 GB).
2. How to easily get a list of field names in MS Access
This article shows the easiest way to get a list of field names in a MS Access table.
3. How to count distinct records in MS Access
This article demonstrates a few tips about counting distinct records in MS Access.
4. How to do transaction based processing in MS Access
This article explains how to do database transactional operations inside MS Access by using VBA.
5. How to open a document (local/network file or web page) from MS Access
This article shows three VBA functions that can be used to open a file or web page by MS Access.
6. How to use ADOX to create unique composite index - the VBA approach
This article is a must-read for VBA coders to learn how to create unique composite index by using ADOX in Access.
7. How to do cross-table update queries in MS Access - the right way
This article shows a great tip about how to avoid the common error when MS Access executes cross-table update queries.
8. Three efficient ways to get the number of records by using VBA
Here are three efficient ways to get the number of records in VBA.
9. How to create a composite unique index (not as a primary key) in MS Access
Do you know how to create a composite unique index that is not a primary key in MS Access?
10. Use VBA to get the correct number of records in a Recordset object
This article explains why the RecordCount property of ADO Recordset object returns -1 and how to get the correct count from it.
11. Disable Access Prompt when a record is changed, table deleted, or action queries run
You can turn off Access prompt when record is changed, table deleted, or action queries run.
12. How to hide and unhide a MS Access object
You can hide and unhide a MS Access object (Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports, Pages, Macros, Modules) in the query navigation pane.
13. How to return multiple values from a VBA function (Part 3)
This article shows you how to return multiple values from a VBA function by using recordset and VBA class.
14. How to return multiple values from a VBA function (Part 2)
This article shows you how to return multiple values from a VBA function by using array, CSV, and user-defined type.
15. How to return multiple values from a VBA function (Part 1)
This article shows you how to return multiple values from a VBA function by using By Reference argument, collection, and dictionary object.
16. Three ways to programmatically duplicate a table in MS Access by VBA
This article shows you how to use VBA code to duplicate an existing table in MS Access.
17. Create a DLL by CSharp or VB.Net for VBA
How to create C# or VB.Net DLLs to be used by Access VBA, Excel VBA, or VB6 applications.
18. How to correctly reference and call a DLL
How to reference and call C# or VB.Net DLLs in Access VBA, Excel VBA, or VB6 applications.
19. How to register a C# or VB.Net DLL
How to register C# or VB.Net DLLs for Access VBA, Excel VBA, or VB6 applications.
20. Email address validation by Regular Expressions using VBA
If your application in MS Access or Excel needs to deal with email addresses, you may need a way to validate them. The best way to validate email addresses is to use Regular Expressions in VBA.
21. Fix MS Access error: Query must have at least one destination field
I have had tolerated this MS Access error "Query must have at least one destination field." for so long and finally I decided to do something about it.
22. How to Unselect MS Access Radio Buttons (Option Group)
Radio buttons are useful MS Access user interface control element in Access Forms design. It is useful in that there is only one radio button can be selected at any time. So when you need the user to select only one choice from a group of options, use radio button. To create a group of radio buttons in Access, use the Option Group control.
23. How to Change Query Timeout Value for MS Access SQL Queries
By default, query timeout value in MS Access is 60 seconds. This value can be changed at three different levels. Each level is effective for a specific scope of queries.
24. Northwind Traders database
Northwind Traders Access database is a sample database that shipped with Microsoft Office suite. The Northwind database contains the sales data for a fictitious company called Northwind Traders, which imports and exports specialty foods from around the world. You can use and experiment with Access with Northwind database while you're learning and develop ideas for Access.
Copyright © 2017 GeeksEngine.com. All Rights Reserved.
This website is hosted by HostGator.
No portion may be reproduced without my written permission. Software and hardware names mentioned on this site are registered trademarks of their respective companies. Should any right be infringed, it is totally unintentional. Drop me an email and I will promptly and gladly rectify it.